MobilityLab, a part of I.T. Group and a resident of the IT cluster at the Russian innovation city of Skolkovo, has announced the launch of an innovative solution – MobileSputnik. This is the first mass-production Russian solution to be used as a basis for the Enterprise Mobile Workplace concept.
The new product MobileSputnik opens up extensive opportunities for corporate data mobile management for Russian customers, which can then be smoothly integrated into a company's existing IT landscape. Designed in a way that takes into account advanced user experiences and scenarios for using mobile devices in the business sphere, MobileSputnik ensures transparent and secure access to a company's information assets and tools for document management via mobile devices.
"The widespread use of mobile devices in the corporate sphere, coupled with the heightened requirements of users as to ease-of-use and data security, stimulated development and the implementation of engineering innovations," says Sergey Orlik, General Director, MobilityLab. "Our solution introduces a regular workstation function into mobile devices, thus ensuring ease-of-use and security when working with corporate data anytime, any place."
MobileSputnik offers basic tools and functions for corporate mobile workplaces accessed via tablets under iOS or Android:
- Transparent and secure management of corporate files (Windows Shared Folders, SharePoint), not requiring VPN for mobile devices.
- Two-way synchronization of files between mobile devices and workstations with the help of agent solutions.
- Users may work with files online or offline, using their mobile devices.
- A fully-functional file manager for local storage and corporate resources.
- Viewing and editing of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files via mobile clients based on Polaris Office (http://www.polarisoffice.com/)
- Two-way file exchange with mail clients and other mobile applications (if permitted by local security policies).
- Unique user interface for mobile solutions, which was specially designed for tablets taking into account the typical scenarios for Windows users.
- All the server components of the MobileSputnik have been included in the corporate network.
- User authentication via Microsoft Active Directory
- Special security policies for particular categories of users.
"Now are witnessing an extremely significant trend taking place - the mobilization of business. This trend can be seen in any industry," says Albert Yefimov, Project Director of the IT cluster, Skolkovo Foundation. "The keys for broadening the appeal of mobile business applications are their functionality, ease-of-use, convenience and corporate data security. MobileSputnik solves all of these tasks, and offers its users all the functions required for fully-fledged mobile workplaces."
MobileSputnik for Galaxy
As part of the Samsung Enterprise Alliance Program (SEAP), I.T. Co. and Samsung are glad to offer to their corporate customers a dedicated bundle - MobileSputnik for Galaxy - which includes the MobileSputnik solution and tablets Samsung Galaxy Note 10" or Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10" (with Wi-Fi and 3G, options of 16 Gb or 64 Gb).
"MobileSputnik satisfies a lot of the needs of corporate users," comments Ilia Fedorushkin, head of Corporate Sales of Mobile Solutions, Samsung Electronics. "This bundle supports all the business functions required for mobile workplaces, whilst maintaining the highest possible standards of security and data protection."
"Samsung offers tablets in the corporate category, with the potential to satisfy even the most demanding corporate users," says Sergey Makarjin, Business Development Director of the Corporate Mobility Center, I.T. Co.. "Thanks to our partnership with Samsung, our customers can be sure we are giving them optimum solutions which comply with the corporate sector's strictest requirements."
MobilityLab is part of I.T. Group, founded in 2011 as a research, development, and commercialization center for technologies relating to the Enterprise Mobile Workplace, which aims to set up mobile workplaces with the help of mobile devices. In 2012 MobilityLab became a resident of the IT cluster at the Russian innovation city of Skolkovo. More information at