On October 8, 2008 a conference will take place devoted to the development of the Open Source Software Market in Russia — Russian Open Source Summit — ROSS-RU.
The conference will be held in Moscow at the hotel Radisson SAS Slavyanskaya. Organizers of the conference are Information Technologies Co. (I.T. Co. ) – one the oldest IT companies in Russia, Red Hat – the world’ s leading supplier of Linux solutions, and VDEL – the exclusive distributor of Red Hat Linux in Russia and the CIS. Cosponsors include IBM and I. T. Academy. Information support is being provided by the leading Russian IT publications CIO and Open Systems. The general information partner is the weekly journal PCWeek.
The main objective of the Russian Open Source Summit is to help develop the Russian market for Open Source Software. The conference will feature world and Russian experts on Open Source software, solution and service providers, representatives of the Open Source community, and enterprises and organizations with experience using Open Source software.
Key topics which will be addressed at the conference include:
- Open Source – global and Russian market developments and opportunities
- Free Open Source Software (FOSS): development, installation, integration, support, use, and legal issues
- Solutions based on Open Source in corporate information systems
- Development of a national system for Open Source technical and user training
- Development of Russian Open Source Communities
- Real-world examples of Open Source use in corporate information systems.
- During the daylong conference there will be demonstrations of Open Source solutions and services from leading Russian and global software developers, service providers, system integrators, and specialized educational centers.
The Russian Open Source Summit focuses on a wide range of participants, among them specialists from federal and regional government organizations, sciences, education, health services, large, medium and small businesses, training centers, software developers, hardware manufactures, and participants of the Russian Open Source community.
Participation in the Conference is FREE!
For more details and registration please visit the Russian Open Source Summit site (in Russian): www.ross-ru.ru