The tender to set up the first line of the Helpdesk was held in late 2010 and early 2011. The bid from
I. T. Co. won on the basis of cost and operational arrangements; another advantage of I. T. Co. was its ability to provide extended 24/7 support services if required.
The service contract concluded with
I. T. Co. will last for a period of one year, with an expiry date of March 31, 2012. Under the contract, the Helpdesk engineers shall render the following services to Sony users in Russia and the CIS:
- Receiving and registering service requests from users in BMC Remedy 7.0 by phone, via
web-portal First-levelassistance and consulting on operating systems, workstations, telephony, MS Office, and standard business applications
- Workstation deployment and migration, incl. replication of standard images on workstations, providing support for inventory takings
- Encryption and decryption of laptops, data migration
- Each month the engineers at
I. T. Co. handle about 500 service requests. These requests are mostly processed internally, with some of them being transferred to the second line of Helpdesk, which is staffed by the customer’s own personnel.
Dmitry Voronchikhin, Senior Manager of Automated Control Systems at Sony Electronics, commented on the interim results of the project: «
I. T. Co. has brought significant improvements to our Helpdesk. Users are happy with the professional approach and responsiveness of I. T. Co.’s staff; requests do not get lost, while any problems are resolved accurately and in no time at all. Of course, many things can be done remotely, but having an IT expert present makes a crucial difference for users.»
About Sony Electronics
Sony Electronics is the representative office of Sony Corporation in Russia and the CIS countries. Sony Corporation (whose headquarters are in Tokyo, Japan) operates in the following key business sectors:
- Consumer and professional electronic equipment (including audio, video and TV appliances, IT and telecommunications products, semiconductors and components, etc.)
- Entertainment, incl. the film industry, TV and music shows, games consoles and video games
- Finance and investments (incl. all types of insurance, banking, leasing, loans and credits, etc.)
- Internet projects, etc.
Please visit web-site for more information.