I.T. Co. was announced the winner in the open tender for selection of a contractor for research and development (R&D) on the theme: "Creation of the integrated state information system for monitoring of scientific and academic personnel certification processes". The project involves introduction of advanced information and communication technologies for provision of public services in electronic form and development of the common information space in the sphere of activities of dissertation and scientific-and-technical councils. The project cost is 84 million rubles.
The Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation held the tender for selection of a contractor for the R&D work in this July. Several Russian universities and major IT companies submitted 8 bids for participation in the tender. Based on the whole set of parameters, the I.T. Co. offer was acknowledged the best. The primary purpose of the project which is to be realized by the winner implies monitoring and improvement of the efficiency of the system of state certification of scientific and academic personnel.
The Integrated State Information Monitoring System is designed to perform key functions of the system of state certification of scientific and academic personnel as related to information and software support and monitoring of its key processes. These include:
- execution of the state function of granting academic degrees, awarding academic titles, deprivation and renewal of academic degrees and academic titles;
- execution of the state function of issuing permits for creation of dissertation councils, determination of their powers, compilation of lists of academic disciplines in which they are entitled to accept dissertations for defense, etc.;
- control and supervision of activities of dissertation councils, academic boards of educational, scientific institutions and organizations responsible for awarding academic titles to employees of educational, scientific institutions and other organizations;
- creation of expert councils, support and control of their activities for preparation of opinions on dissertations based on examination of their compliance with the established criteria, recommendations for granting academic degrees and awarding academic titles, etc.;
- public participation in the system of state certification of scientific and academic personnel.
All works for the development of the Integrated State Information Monitoring System of I.T. Co. shall be completed in 2012.